Collaborator supports reviewing MathWorks Simulink models that are exported as web view archives.
|Note:||Reviewing Simulink models is only supported in Collaborator Enterprise edition with additional Similink integration licenses purchased and assigned to users. For a complete list of differences between Collaborator editions, see the comparison page.|
|The Collaborator Visual Studio Extension and Eclipse Plug-in do not support reviewing Simulink models. Use the Web Client instead.|
- MathWorks Simulink version 2018 and newer with Simulink Report Generator is installed.
- Collaborator Enterprise edition with additional Similink integration licenses is installed.
- Similink integration license is assigned to your user account.
- (Optional.) Collaborator Simulink Reviewer App is installed in Simulink and configured.
Upload Simulink models
The UI displays differences between two revisions of a Simulink model in a side-by-side layout. Diff Viewer can highlight differences in block properties, as well as differences in graphical objects: changes are yellow, additions are green and deletions are red.
Selecting a block will display its properties in the right side of the revision pane. Changes in property values are highlighted as well.
The Display panel has specific options for Simulink model review.
- When the Show diff based on block properties option is enabled Diff Viewer will highlight blocks whose properties have been added, deleted or changed.
- When the Show diff based on image comparison option is enabled Diff Viewer will highlight graphical objects that have been added, deleted or changed.
Make comments and mark defects
Technical details and limitations
To export Simulink models as web view archive you should have MathWorks Simulink version 2018 and newer with Simulink Report Generator installed.
To use the Collaborator Simulink Reviewer App you should have MathWorks Simulink version 2019 and newer with Simulink Report Generator installed.
Any Collaborator user can upload Simulink archive to Collaborator server. However, to review the archive contents, users should have Simulink integration license. These licenses are purchased from SmartBear additionally to Collaborator Enterprise licenses and are assigned to particular users by your Collaborator administrators.
Simulink integration licenses can be re-assigned only once in 24 hours.
When exporting models as web view archive, Simulink does not export complete information about a model. Consequently, some information will not be available to Collaborator and cannot be reviewed.