User mentioning is currently supported for the following fields of Web Client:
Other fields of Web Client and other clients do not send any notifications when mentioning users.
How it works
To mention a user just type the @ character followed by user login or display name. If the login contains space characters, enclose it in square brackets. For example: @[bob flemming].
The editor will display a drop-down with user suggestions, which filters-out the available users as you type. You can also select the desired user using mouse or using Up, Down and Enter keys.
Technical details and limitations
- The list of suggested users contains only those users that are allowed to access the current review according to the Restrict access to review setting.
- Users are identified by their login (as they are unique). User display names are listed to simplify search and improve readability.
- User name and login search is case-insensitive.
- The list of suggested users is refreshing with each input character.
- The list of suggested users is limited by 20 first users that match the input.
- User mentioning is only processed when a blank space character precedes the @ character. For example: test @username1. It is not processed when the @ character occurs within the string. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the login contains space characters, enclose it in square brackets. For example: @[bob flemming].