This topic explains how to prepare applications that were created with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET for AQTime. To learn how to prepare applications created with Visual Basic 6.0, see Compiler Settings for Microsoft Visual Basic. To learn how to prepare applications created with Visual Basic 2005 - 2017, see Compiler Settings for Microsoft Visual Basic 2005 - 2017.
To add debug information to your Visual Basic .NET application, follow these steps:
- Open your project in Visual Studio .NET.
- Select Build > Configuration Manager from the main menu. This will open the Configuration Manager dialog. Select the Debug configuration for your project:
Close the dialog.
- Right-click the project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties from the context menu. This will open the Property Pages dialog.
- In the dialog,
- Open the Configuration Properties > Build page and select Active (Debug) from the Configuration dropdown list at the top of the dialog.
- In the Configuration Properties > Build page enable the Generate debugging information option.
- Switch to the Configuration Properties > Optimizations page and turn off the Enable Optimizations option.
- Press OK to save settings and recompile the application.
When your application is ready for final delivery, remember to compile it without debug information to reduce overall application size.