|The manual testing functionality is deprecated. Do not use it for creating new tests. It will be removed in a future TestComplete release.|
Manual testing properties specify settings that affect manual testing in the current project. To view or modify these properties, do the following:
- Expand the ManualTests project item in the Project Explorer panel, right-click a child element (a manual test) and select Edit from the context menu or simply double-click the project item. TestComplete will display the Manual Test editor.
- In the editor, switch to the Properties page.
The settings are organized into two different categories:
This category groups settings that affect appearance and behavior of step instructions.
- Default font - Specifies the default font and its attributes to be used for step instructions in the Manual Test Editor. The property sets the instructions font only for newly created steps of the current project. It does not affect the instructions of existing steps.
To set the default font for all new ManualTesting project items, specify it in the Default Project Properties dialog.
- Default font size - Specifies the size of the default step instructions font. The available values are: Smallest, Smaller, Small, Medium, Big, Bigger, Biggest. The property sets the font size only for newly created steps of the current project. It does not affect the instructions of existing steps.
To set the default font size for all new ManualTesting project items, specify it in the Default Project Properties dialog.
- Show skipped step dialog - If this is on, and the tester skips a test step, TestComplete will display the Step Skipped dialog prompting the tester to specify the reason for skipping the step.
When creating a new project with the ManualTesting project item or when creating this project item in an existing project, the value of this property will automatically be set to the default value assigned to the Show skipped step dialog default project property in the Default Project Properties dialog.
Export To Microsoft Word
This category contains properties that are used to export step instructions to Microsoft Word.
- Use template - Defines whether to use a custom or built-in template.
- Template file name - Specifies a path to a custom template. TestComplete recognizes templates stored as a separate .dot file as well as templates embedded into .doc files. You can either input the path manually or press the ellipsis button and select a template via the Select File dialog.
- Insert table of contents - Defines whether to add a table of contents to the beginning of the document.
- Insert page breaks - Specifies whether each step instruction should be followed by a page break.
- Variable names - This table specifies the names of template variables that should be substituted with the actual step information during the export.
|Note:||The structure of the project’s manual testing properties is saved in the <TestComplete_Project_Folder>\ManualTesting\ManualTesting.tcMT file, which has the XML format.|