Stores is a list of items that are stored in TestComplete projects for future comparison and for creating checkpoints. By default, the items are saved to the folder specified for each test, but you can save them anywhere. Below are the following item types for the Stores project item:
- Image files (BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF or ICO).
- Collections of properties of one object (these collections are stored in the xml format).
- General files (text or data).
- Special elements for storing and comparing XML documents.
- Data of database tables and queries.
- Data retrieved from controls that display information in a tabular form.
- Special items used to compare and verify web pages.
To work with Stores, TestComplete uses the Stores project item and its child items that correspond to different types of files mentioned above (Regions, Objects, Files, XML, DBTables, Tables and WebTesting respectively). The topics of this section explain how you can handle items in the Stores project item.