Before recording mobile traffic, you need to prepare your mobile devices for recording.
You need to perform the following steps:
|Note:||The traffic recorded on mobile devices will be added to one page. Automatic pagination is available only if you record traffic on the local computer.|
1. Configure Network Settings on a Mobile Device
In order to intercept traffic from a mobile device, both LoadComplete and the mobile device should belong to the same local area network, and LoadComplete must be specified as a system proxy on the device.
- Open Settings | Network Connections | Wi Fi.
- Long press the desired network, then select Modify network.
- On some devices, you may need to enable the Advanced check box to see additional settings.
- Tap the Proxy option and select "Manual” from the drop-down list.
- In the Proxy host name field, specify the host name or IP address of the computer where LoadComplete is running.
- In the Proxy port field, specify LoadComplete's port (the default port is 8889).
- Once done, tap Save to apply the network settings.
- Open Settings | WiFi.
- Tap the desired network.
- Scroll down to the HTTP Proxy settings group and tap Manual.
- In the Server field, specify the host name or IP address of the computer where LoadComplete is running.
- In the Port field, specify LoadComplete's port (the default port is 8889).
- Once done, exit the Settings App to apply the network settings.
2. Install the LoadComplete Certificate on the Mobile Device
To be able to record HTTPS traffic from the mobile device, you need to export the LoadComplete certificate from your local computer and install it on your mobile device.
Export the Certificate
- Open the Windows menu and select Run.
- Type certmgr.msc in the Run box and press Enter (you must be logged in as an administrator). The Certificate Manager will open.
- Expand the Trusted Root Certification Authorities | Certificates folder.
- Locate and select the "LoadComplete 4 Proxy" certificate.
- Click Action | All Tasks | Export. The Certificate Export Wizard will open.
- Go through the wizard pages and select the No, do not export private key and DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER) settings. Specify the path to the file to which the certificate will be exported.
Transfer the Certificate to the Mobile Device
Once the certificate is exported, you need to copy the certificate file to the mobile device. You can do this in several ways:
- Cloud storage - Upload the certificate to some cloud storage service (Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloudDrive or any other) and then download it to your mobile device.
- USB cable - Connect your mobile device to the computer and copy the certificate to the device.
- E-mail - Send an email to your device and attach the certificate.
- Bluetooth, WiFi - Transfer the certificate file via a wireless network.
Install the Certificate
- Open Settings | Security.
- Under "Credential storage", tap Install from storage.
- Select the certificate file.
- Tap OK.
- Locate and tap the certificate file.
- On the Install Profile screen, press the Install button.
- You will see the following message: "Installing this profile will change settings on your iPhone." Press the Install Now button.
- If your device has a PIN or passcode set, you may need to specify it.
- Tap Done.