You can rename project suites, projects and some project items and child elements of project items displayed in the Project Explorer panel.
To rename a project suite, project or project item
- Select the desired node (project suite, project, project item or project item child element) in the Project Explorer panel.
- Then press F2, or click the selected node twice, or right-click the selected node and choose Rename from the context menu. The specify the desired name.
Note that when you rename a node, TestComplete also renames the file storing the node’s properties.
There is an alternative procedure of renaming:
- Select the desired node in the Project Explorer.
- Choose File | Save As | Save Current As from the TestComplete main menu or right-click the node and select Save Current As from the context menu.
- Save the node to a new file. The node name depends on the file name, so when you save the node to a new file, TestComplete also updates the node name.
|Note:||Some project items or child elements of project items cannot be renamed.|