You can use a form to ask testers for their user name and password. To enter passwords, use the
TcxTextEdit component. This component has a special property that is used for password typing. In this mode, the component replaces entered characters with asterisks or any other character.
- Open the desired form for editing.
- Place the
TcxTextEditcomponent on the form.
- Select the component on the form and switch to the Properties panel.
- In the Properties panel, expand the Properties node and specify the eemPassword value in the EchoMode box:
Setting this value specifies the component to work in password mode during the test run.
- Using the PasswordChar property you can specify the character that TestComplete will display in the edit box instead of typed characters.
You can either specify the desired character (for instance,
|), or specify the character’s ASCII code, for instance, #65. By default, the property holds the #0 value that corresponds to the asterisk character.
- Choose File | Save to save the changes.
|Note:||By assigning a value to the