This topic describes the changes made to TestComplete 3.08. For information on the changes made to other versions of the product, see Version History.
- Changes in the HTTP Load Testing plugin: in previous versions it worked as a proxy server during recording only. Now it functions as a proxy server all the time TestComplete is running, so there is no need to change your Internet settings in order to view Web sites via your Internet browser between recordings.
- AutomatedQA’s Web site now holds a number of sample scripts that demonstrate how you can work with most popular grid controls from your TestComplete scripts.
- Changes in network suites: if task properties do not specify the name of the script routine to be executed on a remote computer, TestComplete will run test suites of the remote project, or, if test suites are not found, it will run the main routine.
- Changes in Web testing: to identify an element that is located on a tested Web page, TestComplete may use the Name or ID attribute of that element. Now TestComplete assumes that these attributes can contain only alphanumeric characters and underscores. Any other characters found in Name or ID are replaced with underscores.
- When specifying a window caption or a class name in calls to the
WaitChildmethod you can use wildcard characters (“*” and “?”) to specify variable parts in window captions and class names. Now you can duplicate an asterisk to specify it as part of the caption or class name (for example, “My Editor - DocName.txt**” will correspond to “My Editor - DocName.txt*”).
- A number of bug fixes.