What Are The Technical Requirements for CrossBrowserTesting.com?
In general, any operating system with a modern browser and internet access should be able to access and use our services. With that said, we officially support the following operating systems and browser combinations for accessing our services.
- Latest Mac OSX or Windows with Google Chrome (we develop on Mac with Chrome)
- Use a modern browser that supports HTML5 canvas and websockets so that Live Tests can be accessed with our HTML5 or WebRTC client.
- We primarily focus on desktop devices. You can use some mobile devices to access our services, like iPad or other tablet, but our apps are not optimized for touch screens and smaller resolutions at this time.
- To use a tablet device, ensure you have a browser that supports HTML5.
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8+, Windows Server 2003+
- Mac OSX 10.5+
- Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat, Fedora/OpenSUSE)
- Google Chrome 22+
- Firefox 30+
- Internet Explorer 10+
- Opera 12+
- Safari 6+
Additional plugins and software
While no additional software is required to use our service to test publicly accessible web pages, we do provide a Local Connection interface for those wishing to test web pages hosted on a local machine or behind a firewall. Options to enable the Local Connection include a Google Chrome extension, precompiled binaries for Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows, as well as a command line version for NodeJS.