This topic explains how to prepare applications created with Visual J# 2005 for AQTime. To learn how to prepare applications created with Visual J# .NET, see Compiler Settings for Microsoft Visual J# .NET.
To add debug information to your Visual J# 2005 application, follow these steps:
- Open your project in Visual Studio 2005.
- Select Build > Configuration Manager from the main menu. This will open the Configuration Manager dialog. Select the Debug configuration for your project:
Close the dialog.
- Right-click the project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties from the context menu. This will open the Property Pages dialog.
- In this dialog, open the Build page and select Active (Debug) from the Configuration dropdown list at the top of the dialog. Then, on the same Build page, disable the Optimize Code checkbox and click the Advanced button.
- In the resulting Advanced Build Settings dialog, select either full or pdb-only in the Debug Info dropdown list box.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- Save the changes in the project. Recompile the application.
When your application is ready for final delivery, remember to compile it without debug information to reduce the overall size of the application.