This topic explains how to prepare applications created with Microsoft Visual C# 2005 - 2017 for AQTime. To learn how to prepare applications created with Visual C# .NET, see Compiler Settings for Microsoft C# .NET.
To add debug information to your Visual C# application, follow these steps:
- Open your project in Visual Studio.
- Select Build > Configuration Manager from the main menu. This will open the Configuration Manager dialog. Select the Debug configuration for your project:
Close the dialog.
- Right-click the project in the Solution Explorer and select Properties from the context menu. This will open the Property Pages dialog.
- In this dialog, open the Build page and select Active (Debug) from the Configuration dropdown list at the top of the dialog. Then, on the same Build page, disable the Optimize code checkbox and click the Advanced button.
- In the resulting Advanced Build Settings dialog, select either full or pdb-only in the Debug Info dropdown list box.
- Click OK to close the dialog.
- If your application is a WPF Browser application (XBAP), then you should change the security settings: switch to the Security page and enable the This is a full trust application setting:
- Save the changes in the project. Recompile the application.
When your application is ready for final delivery, remember to compile it without debug information to reduce the overall size of the application.