Applies to Zephyr Scale Cloud, last modified on November 18, 2020.
Integration points between Jira and Zephyr Scale allow you to view and manage testing efforts, oftentimes without leaving the issue. From a Jira issue, you can link related traceability/coverage items, such as test cases and cycles, and you can view linked testing results at a glance.
Displaying Zephyr Scale Information in Jira Issues
- To enable Zephyr Scale information to display in Jira Issues, click the Zephyr Scale logo on the Jira issue.
- The Zephyr Scale section appears.
- Depending on the linked and related Zephyr Scale items, test-related subsections may appear, as well.
- You can disable the Zephyr Scale sections on the issue by clicking the Ellipses icon, then Hide Zephyr Scale.
- You can view and access traceability links/info by clicking Traceability in the panel on the right side of the page.
Create and Link a New Test Case
- Click the Create New Test Case (+ icon) in the issue’s Zephyr Scale section, and the Create Test Case screen appears.
- Enter your test case information on each of the tabs.
- The Jira issue is automatically linked on the Traceability tab of the new test case.
- When you’ve added all the information for the new test case, click Save, and the test case, along with its status, appears on the Jira issue.
Create a Test Case on Another Project
Zephyr Scale also gives you the ability to create test cases for a project other than the project from which you’re viewing a Jira issue.
Just click the Dropdown icon in the issue’s Zephyr Scale section of the issue, then click Create Test Case on Another Project.
You’ll be prompted to select a project, then the Create Test Case appears, where you can add your test-case details.
Add and Link an Existing Test Case
You can define an issue’s test coverage by linking existing test cases to it.
- Click the Dropdown icon in the issue’s Zephyr Scale section, then click Add Existing Test Case.
- The selection screen appears, where you can select all of the existing test cases you want to add to the Jira issue.
- After you make your selections, click Add, and the test case links, including the statuses, appear on the Jira issue.
- And, as expected, the links are bi-directional, so not only do the test-case links appear on the Jira issue, but the link to the Jira issue appears on the test case’s Traceability tab.