- You'll need the Delete permission to delete test cases. You can set this in the Project Settings for your Jira project, under Zephyr Scale.
- You won't be able to delete test cases if they are part of a test cycle or have other dependencies, such as being used in another test case through call-to-test.
- You can only delete one page of test cases at a given time. This is to limit to impact of the action on your instance.
- Head to the Archived test cases section in the test library
- Select the test cases that you'd like to delete (max one page at a time)
- Click the delete button to start the deletion process
- The first step of the process identifies any test cases with dependencies (included in a test cycle or used in call-to-test) and informs you that they will not be included in the deletion process. You'll need to either remove the test cases from a cycle or from being reused in another test case to delete them.
- If your test cases don't have any dependencies, you'll see this message
- The next step will show the number of test cases selected for deletion and ask you to confirm that you're sure you want to proceed.
- The deletion process may take some time depending on the number of test cases selected. This is down to all checking and deleting all the data related to the test case. You can leave the page open to monitor the process or close the page while the process continues. You can abort the process at any time by clicking the Abort button.
- Once the process is complete, you'll see an Acknowledgement which will show you the number of test cases that have been successfully deleted, and those that have been skipped (with dependencies).
Then the process is complete!