Applies to TM4J Cloud, last modified on April 21, 2020.
This task offers an example of how to create a test case, and it highlights important aspects of the creation process.
- Select a project and click Tests.
- In the Folders panel, click Create Folder, name the folder, then click the check.
- The new folder is saved. Or Click an existing folder in which you want to create a new test case.
- Click New to create a new test case.
- The Create Test Case screen appears.
- On the Details tab, add your desired information.
- Folder is the destination of your test case. You specified a folder in Step 2.
- Status is not related to an execution result. It’s the status of the readiness of the test to be planned and executed.
- Components are obtained from Jira and can be added/managed on the Jira project’s administration page.
- Click the Test Script tab, and fill in the test-case steps.
- Add and delete options appear when focus is on a step. You can drag-and-drop to reorder steps, as well.
- Fill out the information on the remaining tabs.
- On the Traceability tab, link an existing issue from Jira to the test case, or use + to create and link a new issue to the test case. You can also link Web URLs.
- On the Execution tab, you can track previous test-execution results.
- On the Attachments tab, you can attach files to the test case.
- Click Save. The test case saves, and a notification appears on the screen.