Applies to TestComplete 14.30, last modified on November 21, 2019
||The manual testing functionality is deprecated. Do not use it for creating new tests. It will be removed in a future TestComplete release.
The Manual Test | Export To Microsoft Word group of the default project properties includes settings that let you specify the default value for manual test settings of new Manual Testing items. This group includes settings for exporting step instructions to Microsoft Word.
To view or change these default options, select Tools | Default Project Properties from the main menu of TestComplete and choose Manual Testing | Export to MS Word from the tree displayed on the left side of the ensuing Default Project Properties dialog.
You can change the following options:
- Use template - Defines whether to use a custom or built-in template.
- Template file name - Specifies a path to a custom template. TestComplete recognizes templates stored as a separate .dot file as well as templates embedded into .doc files. You can either input the path manually or press the ellipsis button and select a template from the Select File dialog.
- Insert table of contents - Defines whether to add a table of contents to the beginning of the document.
- Insert page breaks - Specifies whether each step instruction should be followed by a page break.
- Variable names - This table specifies the names of template variables that should be substituted with the actual step information during the export.
To save the changes you made to the options and close the dialog, press OK. Cancel will close the dialog discarding any changes.
Default Project Properties
Exporting Manual Tests
Default Project Properties - Manual Test - General Options