The Select Object Property wizard assists you in specifying the target tested object's property or method as a parameter of a keyword test operation. This wizard is called after you perform any of the following actions:
- Add the Compare Properties operation to your keyword test and click the Select button within the Property edit box.
- Specify the Object Property mode in the Edit Parameter dialog and then click the ellipsis button within the Value edit box.
The Select Object Property wizard contains a few pages that help you specify the needed on-screen object or process and then offers you the list of the object's available properties so you can select the needed one.
Select object type page
On this page, you can specify the type of the object you want to get access to. The following variants are available:
- Onscreen object - select this item to specify the needed on-screen object on the next page.
- Process object - select this item to choose a process from the list of processes currently running on your machine on the next page.
- Name Mapping item - select this item to specify the object that corresponds to the existing Name Mapping item on the next page.
Select the target object's type and click Next.
Select object, Select process and Select item pages
When you click Next on the first page of the wizard, TestComplete displays the Select object, Select process or Select item page depending on the object's type you selected earlier. Each of these pages lets you specify an object of the selected type.
For more information on selecting on-screen objects, see Selecting Objects for Keyword Test Operations.
Specify the object, process or name mapping item and click Next.
Select property page
On this page, you can choose a property or method of the object you specified earlier. The page contains the list of the object's available methods and properties.
|Note:||To obtain all the properties (or methods) that belong to the object, activate the Advanced view mode. To do that, click the View more members (Advanced view) link at the bottom of the page.|
Select the needed property's or method's name and click Finish.