ReadyAPI allows you to use Groovy scripts to work with attachments – for example, extract data from text files, change their encoding, and so on.
This topic describes how to use a Groovy script to encode attachments.
Where To Use
There are several ways to run this script:
- As a Groovy Script test step.
- As a setup or teardown script on the project, test suite, or test case level in functional tests.
- As a setup or teardown script in security tests.
- As a setup or teardown script in performance tests.
- As a Start, Stop, OnRequest, or AfterRequest script in virtual services.
The following code demonstrates how to encode the specific file with base64 in ReadyAPI:
// Replace the file path with the one you need.
// Getting the file content.
def inputFile = new File("C:\\Work\\MyFile.txt").getText('UTF-8')
// Encoding the file content.
String encoded = inputFile.bytes.encodeBase64().toString()
// Outputting results.
log.info encoded // with the Groovy Script test step, you can use “return encoded”