July 06, 2015
Perform the following steps based on the flavour of your OS to make Zephyr autostart on reboot.
1. Login as root user on your Linux server
2. Create or copy your ZephyrService script under /etc/init.d Assuming Zephyr installation directory is "/opt/zephyr/"
[root@linux ~]# cp /opt/zephyr/bin/ZephyrService.sh /etc/init.d/Zephyr
3. Now Zephyr service is added to the service list as Zephyr.
4. Add Zephyr script to start on boot using chkconfig utility as below.
[root@linux ~]#chkconfig --add Zephyr
[root@linux ~]#chkconfig Zephyr on
5.Confirm script is added using chkconfig utility
[root@linux]# chkconfig --list Zephyr
O/P : Zephyr 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off
6.By performing the above steps Zephyr will auto-start on boot.
1. Follow the steps 1-3 above
2. Make the init.d script executable
$ sudo chmod 755 /etc/init.d/Zephyr
3. Add the init.d script to a default runlevel so that the script can be called at boot time (and also during shutdown).
$ sudo update-rc.d Zephyr defaults
4. By performing the above steps Zephyr will auto-start on boot.
5. Later if you decide to remove the init.d script from start-up service list, you can simply run the following.
$ sudo update-rc.d -f Zephyr remove
For RHEL :
1 . Run the below command
[root@linux ~]#chmod +x /etc/rc.d/rc.local
2 . Please open /etc/rc.local file and make the following entry. Assuming Zephyr installation directory is "/opt/zephyr/". Please change it if it is different in your case.
[root@linux ~]#/opt/zephyr/bin/ZephyrService.sh start
3 . Reboot the machine and make sure Zephyr has started.