June 22, 2015
By default, if you have auto-assign set up in JIRA, when a testcase is created, it is automatically assigned to the auto-assign user in your project.
There might be a scenario where you won't want this to happen. If that's the case try the following:
NOTE: These instructions assume you'd want to assign testcases to someone in a QA role. In reality, it'll work for any user.
- Navigate to your Issues Administration page.
- Choose Workflows from the right-hand menu.
- Find the workflow you're currently using and click Copy in the Operations column.
- Give your new workflow a name and description.
- Choose the Create transition and in the box that appears, click Post Functions.
- Under the Post Functions tab, click Add Post Function.
- Choose the option Update Issue Field.
- On the Add Parameters to Function page, set the Issue Field to Assignee and set the Field Value to the User you wish to assign to.
- Click Add.
- Adjust the position of the new action to exist after the creation of the issue but before anything else.